JUNE WAGONS NOW IN STOCK (3)
Daws Creamery of Totnes and Saltash £15.00
low stock 9 left
A return of this tanker after a number of years with a new running number. All profits will go to SENSE who help the Blind Deaf.
The Elham Brickworks had their own private siding, They produced bricks until the clay pit was exhausted.
The Felinfoel tanker should go well with the van released recently. All profits will go to Breathe Easy, the British Lung Foundation.
Producers of Pride of Sussex Flour.
The early hours in the morning you could sea a fleet of milk floats coming out of it's Silverhill dairy going in all directions to deliver milk and other dairy products, now the dairy has gone and a supermarket in it's place..
A colliery with a sad past in 1895 while nine men were on night shift working on maintenance and general repairs below ground, there was an explosion killing seven of the men and four horses. All profits go to the B.L.F for research.
The Swansea Vale Railway was built to carry coal, mineral and other goods from the Swansea valley to the docks at Swansea.
C.J.Dimond was one of many in the removal and warehousing business. They carried containers behind horse driven, steam or motor hauled flatbeds, enabling the containers to be transferred , then carried by road, rail or sea.
All profits go to Baby Basics
Hambridge Brewery of Curry Rivel £12.50
Hambridge Brewery founded by the Lang Family in 1780. All profits to St Margaret's Hospice.
The Lamb brewery was founded by Thomas and John Bally 1853, it became a very successful business, after some changes it was acquired by Ushers and Stroud Brewery in 1955 and was closed down.
Swansea United Brewery of Orange Street registered in 1890 to acquire three other breweries, they in turn was acquired by Truman, Hanbury, Buxton & Co. The brewery closed 1926. All profits go to F O Y D, Friends of the Young Disabled.
The Best family ran the Chatham Brewery1851 Edward Winch leased it from the Best family, C1894 purchased it, becoming Edward Winch & Sons, 1899 merged with A.F. Style & Co. of Medway Brewery, Maidstone,
the Chatham Brewery then Closed.
Home Brewery founded in 1875 by John Robinson becoming famous for the taste of it's ales and it's Robin Hood logo, it remained independent until 1986 when acquired by Scottish and Newcastle Breweries, Closed 1996.
Hastings fishermen are one of the oldest fishing communities in Britain, having the largest fleet of fishing boats that are beached launch launched in the country. All profits to go to Hastings Fishermen's Museum
After doing an apprenticeship as a cabinet maker in Clevedon Charles Pither acquired a furniture business in Castle Cary, building it up to a large family business.
At a time when there was much drunkenness in the Rhondda Valleys two men decided to make and sell soft drinks as an alternative to beer, here is another wagon for those who collect the Welsh Hills wagons.
E. Lacon, Brewers of Great Yarmouth £12.50
All profits will go to the Battle Museum
Rodda's Cornish Cream started life in a Cornish Kitchen in 1890, now sold all over the world. All profits go to the Jemina Layzel Trust, helping to fund treatment and care for young people (under 18s)suffering from brain injury, also encouraging people to sign up to the NHS organ donor register.
George Warren Warehousing of Minehead
£15.00 10 Left
1914 George Warren of 30 Friday Street, Minehead was working as a cabinet maker, by 1919 he had progressed to also being an upholsterer and a furniture remover, having his own pantechnicons.
The General Haulage & Storage Company of
Apart from a photo that was kindly given to us, we have been unable to find the wagons history, and would be pleased if anyone has it. The good news is that all profits are going to the Cancer Research Wales
D.J. Hopkins coal merchant
of South Dock, Swansea. £12.00
Norman Hunt & Sons are a family farming business who have been growing apples since the 1930s. Today following their family traditions & values growing cider apples of many varieties. All profits go to the Children's Hospice South West.
The first high explosive guncotton was invented at the Faversham works 1846, later expanded into other explosives. The works was requisitioned in WW1, closed 1919
Alloa Brewery 16 LEFT £12.50
The brewery begun life as Biggs Brewery in Wrotham, later Jonathan Biggs acquired premises in Strood and moved the business there, In the late 1850's was called Strood Steam Ale Brewery. 1897 joined with James Budden, becoming Budden & Biggs.
This wagon was built by the Midland Railway Carriage and Wagon Co. Ltd. and registered by the SE&CR in 1906. The wagon is thought to have belonged Guy Russell a coal merchant who lived in Silchester Road in St Leonards.